|1||S.Lakshmi Devi||Medical Record Officer|
Medical record department was started in the year of 1972. It was run by Sri.Tajmul ahamed who was trained from CMC, vellore, and Smt.Vasthala kumari joined the department.
By the instruction of Medical council of india, Government of karnataka sanctioned MRD for KMC Hubli and BMC Bangalore, in the year 1982. Sri Keshva Rao was the first MRO for combined Hospitals VH, VVH and Minto Opthalmic hospital. Smt S.Lakshmi devi is working as MRO and incharge of the combined Hospital Medical record departments since 2004 to till date.
From 1982 the department started maintaing systematic way in maintainance of medical records.
Later, six months MRT course was started for In-service candidates after 3 batches it was stopped. In the year 1998 DMRT training was started with two years diploma course for PUC pass students and 3 years certificate course for SSLC passed students under Para Medical Board.
Later, MRD developed day by day, now the department has computers all type of statistics are being maintained in the system.
MEDICAL RECORD DEPARTMENT
Medical Records Department provides vital archival support on all patient cases – In-patient and out-patient. It is also repository of information for PG students conducting studies in respect of many diseases at the Bangalore Medical College. Apart from that, MRD also provides support base in the form of evidence to various courts of law, as called upon by the cases. It also provides the basis for many RTI enquiries emanating from the public.
- Patient Records Coding, decoding and retrieval for purpose of treatment, investigation, & diagnosis. Support for prosecution through submission of evidence in courts of law for RTA, MLC, and insurance cases.
- Generation of Hospital Statistics like mortality, Morbidity, hospital infection rate, Daily OP –IP, Deaths & B.O.R.
- Intelligence information for Hospital expansion and planning
- Liaison with state and central health intelligence agencies like CBHI.
- Training students in the field of medical records through diploma and certificate courses.
- Vital data from actual case sheets for PG students pursuing research at BMC &RI; case study data for seminars, symposia and workshops.
- Attends to queries made by honourable members of both the houses of state legislature.
- Issue of Birth & Death certificates for public.
- Upkeep of Hospital formats for health records of patietns, and administration of the health records process in wards, labs and other departments.
- Support services for accounts for billing patients.